Saturday, April 17, 2010

January 2010

So, Because I have been so terrible about writing in my journal since we've been married and since so much has happened, I want to take the time to back track a little. Thankfully it's only 4 months!

On January 2, 2010 Rocky and I were married in the San Antonio Texas Temple. We were blessed and thankful enough to have both sides of our family come in town to celebrate our wedding with us. The week before the wedding included visits with family, last minute pick ups, a table cloth fiasco (saved by two of my amazing sisters), an impromptu job switch by me, Hives covering my entire body, 2 Dr visits and steroid treatment, decorating of the reception hall and rehearsal dinner place, Once again by amazing family members on both sides, a bachlorette party involving the kissing of a hunky Edward, and bachelor party involving guns and steaks, late night dominoes and karaoke and much much more.


After the Wedding, and the first day in our cute apartment together opening all our gifts, we sailed away on a cruise ship to Mexico, the Mayan ruins in Progresso and snorkeling in Cozumel. A funny story about our honeymoon. We met our "cabin neighbor on our balcony off our room. We couldn't see her, as there we tall walls, but after expressing to her that we were newlyweds, she said, "Well, then if I hear the walls a bumpin, I know y'all are havin a good time!"

Some cruise highlights include a day in Progresso. We took a bus ride to Uxmal and saw some Mayan Ruins and ate at a little mexican restaurant in the visitors center and ordered mexican cokes. We dreamed about quitting our jobs and abandoning our "normal life", selling all of our stuff and traveling the world together. And then we had a day in Cozumel. We took a catamaran to a private beach where we rode horses, layed in a hammock, and had as many soft drinks as we wanted on the house. On the way to the beach we stopped by a corral reef and did some snorkeling as well. Before boarding the ship we toasted with virgin daiquiris and pina colladas. Oh! Just writing this makes me want to do that all again! We had lots and lots of fun!


After arriving home, I started a new job. The whole way it happened still seems a little crazy today to me. I had been working at a child care center for the last year and a half. I enjoyed it, but was starting to feel my time was done and like I wanted something new. I had somewhat decided, that after the wedding and we had settled in that I would begin job searching. I wanted something completely different, more of an office setting, but, I still had my stipulations that it be in Boerne, at least equal the pay I had, and normal work hours with weekends off. Lo and Behold, the Monday before my wedding, I received a call from a sister in my Ward saying she had a friend on facebook who was offering a job, and if I was interested, here was the info. Funny enough, I had mentioned to this lady one time that I was sort of ready for something new and she remembered. So, I called up this girl on Tuesday, had an interview on Thursday,an offer an hour later, and bam! A new job! Switching jobs was little intimidating to me at first, to go from little kids, and coloring, and playgrounds, to office desks, emails and spreadsheets. Oh, and did I mention, adults? But, I took it all in stride, and felt it was exactly what the Lord wanted for me and am now very settled in.

So, that was the month of January! What a huge month it was, from last minute wedding plans, to being sealed for time and all eternity and receiving those choice blessings, to honeymooning, and switching jobs. Big month. Big fun.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to keep up with you cute girl. Sound like life is going great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOARY! You can follow Brandon and I @ TheBarnettes.blogspot.com. We are so happy for you and Rocky!

    ReplyDelete