Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ruby


So, I always have all these plans of laying things out in a nice neat organized way. In any of my journals, I always give a quick history of myself and whats been going on in life in the beginning of it, what if someone later in life goes to read them, picks up my 3rd journal before my first? This way it's ok to read out of order. But anyways, when I started this blog I kind of wanted to do the same thing, go through each month of our marriage from the beginning, but I'm over it. Time to pick up with now and get started or I will miss out on the now. Life is coming at us fast. We love it, but I don't want to miss it as it's passing us by. So time to dig in. I guess one thing in particular that has made life speed by is our fun dog Ruby. Ruby is a Vizsla, known for their energetic temperament, she keeps things fun. We got her just 3 days after moving in to our brand NEW home. Yes, I am a wonderful wife to let a puppy do it's training on my, i mean ours ;) brand NEW carpet. I must say I am glad we are mostly out of the accidents in the house faze. Since we got her, she has only gone #2 in the house twice and the other, um... let's just say enough. :) But, I am happy to report she now very rarely has accidents in the house and typically just prances by the back door when she needs to go out. Unfortunately she doesn't like staying out. She always wants to be right by our sides and gets worried about missing out otherwise. Some fun things we have gone through with Ruby thus far...

Going to the potty in her crate, and us coming home to it and having to clean it. (sometimes twice a day)

Probably TMI..but her eating her feces. Finally grown out of after feeding her pineapple juice. The Vet prescribed meds didn't work, but the pineapple juice did. Thank goodness!
Deemodex mange. All dogs have the deemodex mite, her immune system just wasn't strong enough to keep hers at bay, so two medicated shampooed baths later, I'm happy to report it's gone. :)

I said fun things, right?

Well, she is fun to cuddle with on the couch, and play fetch with. She knew how to fetch at 8 weeks. She is fun to watch run and play. She really likes bubbles. It's funny to watch her jump up and try to attack them. She loves playing with Boomer, Rocky's parents dog. And she loves both sets of our parents. Which I am thankful for. Rocky's parents have been gracious enough to "babysit" her a time or two, or three or four. ;) And my parents have become the day sitters. Because I work, she is crated in the day and I let her out a lunch. But sometimes I want to go out to lunch, so not enough time to let her out and go to lunch, so my parents often come over and do that for me. All in all she has been a fun part of our lives. I can say if it were just my choice in the beginning, we probably wouldn't have a Dog, but through my Sweet Husband's coaxing, I did give in. And now can't imagine life with out her!








2 comments:

  1. When I start to think maybe we could get a puppy I read this and realize, yeah not so much. But I'm glad you are enjoying RUBY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not very often you find a dog that i actually think is a good looking dog. But by the picture that is one good looking dog. Good work!!

    ReplyDelete